Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 15:09:01 +0100

On Sat, Nov 5, 2022 at 2:35 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> They aren't supposed to crash, and they didn't in Emacs 28.  So this
> should be reported with enough detail for us to be able to fix the
> crashes.  This could be related to bug#58956, btw.

Yes. I'm waiting to have a more easily reproducible case or a better understanding
of how to trigger it. I'll look into #58956.

> But we have features who write even under "emacs -Q", don't we?

Yes, sure. But if I do "emacs -Q" and then I save a bookmark, I know bookmark.el
is going to save a file and I will make sure it is going to .emacs.d/ or wherever
else I want it to go. That's not surprising. But I don't usually expect to do
M-x bs-show and get something written to disk, in a place I wasn't expecting.