Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 07:19:47 +0100

It adds a feature that nothing in Emacs actually uses.
It is potentially significant, but it won't affect anything
if you don't use it.  I think you have exaggerated a .01 into .99.

I don't agree.  Symbols are at the heart of Lisp.  Changing their
semantics is a big deal, and as soon as that features is in, it will be
used.

BTW, in light of what I read now on emacs-devel in various threads,
I take my questions about the design of shorthands and there use instead
of modules/packages back, because there is no design.

This belongs into a feature branch, IMO.