Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 20:22:00 +0200

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 17:35:55 +0200
Cc:arash@gnu.org,theophilusx@gmail.com,emacs-devel@gnu.org
From: Dmitry Gutov<dgutov@yandex.ru>

If you just have a command (to be used interactively, right?), it will
only affect the value in the current session.
The command could do whatever we want it to do, including writing to
the user's init file, if the user wants that.  And if the command is
invoked from the init file, it will affect the current session, in
every session.

The user can normally choose where the customizations are stored (inside the init file, or in some file alongside it).

If you're suggesting the proposed command reimplements that logic (and honors the value of custom-file? ignores it?), that seems like a poor choice in my POV.

No opinion on the rest of this discussion.