prog-mode-p?

From: T.V Raman
Subject: prog-mode-p?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 20:08:34 -0800

At present, one can look up the "parent" of a derived mode  via the
symbol's property list as in:

(get 'emacs-lisp-mode 'derived-mode-parent )
and thus ascend the parent chain -- is there a shortcut to checking if
a mode derives from say 'prog-mode (my current use case)
or in general check if mode x has mode y as a parent in its derivation chain?

--

Thanks,

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

--