Re: Different rendering in latex doc between Windows, macOS and GNU/Linu

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: Different rendering in latex doc between Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 12:26:31 -0800

On 11/26/2022 12:16 PM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
I wonder why this package is not installed by the distribution (Mint/Ubuntu) if
it chose Monospace font as system font ...

I think Ubuntu is assuming that most applications will be happy enough with the faux italic form that you can get by applying a skew transformation to the regular glyphs. Emacs wants an actual italic variant though, and (as far as I understand) won't try to use faux italics.

Maybe there's a feature request in there? Should Emacs support faux italics? I'm not sure...