Re: Release branch emacs-29

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Release branch emacs-29
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:24:47 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> From now on please install bug fixes to the emacs-29 branch (they will be
> merged to master soon enough), while new features and improvements in
> existing features should be installed on master.

Now that we have sorted out all copyright assignment details, I have
pushed a new version of scratch/use-package.  Everything that we do not
have a copyright assignment for has been checked and correctly marked
with "Copyright-paperwork-exempt: yes".

On that branch are the following newly added files:

    ├── doc
    │   └── misc
    │       └── use-package.texi
    ├── lisp
    │   └── use-package
    │       ├── bind-chord.el
    │       ├── bind-key.el
    │       ├── use-package-bind-key.el
    │       ├── use-package-chords.el
    │       ├── use-package-core.el
    │       ├── use-package-delight.el
    │       ├── use-package-diminish.el
    │       ├── use-package-ensure-system-package.el
    │       ├── use-package-ensure.el
    │       ├── use-package-jump.el
    │       ├── use-package-lint.el
    │       └── use-package.el
    └── test
        └── lisp
            └── use-package
                ├── use-package-chords-tests.el
                └── use-package-tests.el

    7 directories, 15 files

Is it preferred that I merge to master or emacs-29 at this point?

Thanks.

PS. The latest version of the merge scripts are here:
    https://gist.github.com/skangas/0f853d5ae90aba90f18ab27236aaaaa7