Re: Delegating user-reserved key binding space definition to users

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Delegating user-reserved key binding space definition to users
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 10:01:08 +0100 (CET)

Nov 30, 2022, 06:23 by psionik@positron.solutions:

> >   (local-set-key ?\M-n #'magit-section-next)
>
> This is a good edge case solution.  It is not a good solution for moving or
> removing bindings coherently across all current and future modes.

Eli does have some rigid expectation as to how things should be, and
instead of making these explicit would rather toy with askers over
piece by piece mails like this.  I suggest to save time stop poking
around how things are done in defaults and write something brand-new
like transient.el then similarly send it for inclusion in Emacs.