Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 18:15:38 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

[...]

> Then please take this up with your distro folks.  Or build the
> libraries yourself, it isn't hard.

It might not be hard but, as always with those things, it is another
burden on the user.

[...]

> Easier, yes.  But up to a point.  We cannot be expected to distribute
> third-party libraries instead of the distro.

Ok but with tree-sitter, it feels like there is two level of
third-party:
        - the tree-sitter library
        - the «language specicic part» library

The former seems to be easily available in distro's packages (as is
librsvg, libcairo, etc.) but the latter does not seem to be as
accessible.  I hope it will change with time and adoption of tree-sitter
otherwise tree-sitter usage (at least in emacs) will end up being
«expert» matter.
--
Manuel Giraud