Re: Detecting tree-sitter based major-modes for end-user customization a

From: Jostein Kjønigsen
Subject: Re: Detecting tree-sitter based major-modes for end-user customization and third party functions/packages
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 20:44:28 +0100

On 20.12.2022 16:38, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Looking at (treesit-major-mode-setup), I can't see it leaving any traces to
be reliably detected later. Should we add some (documented) buffer-local
variables to be able to detect this later? Should we create a mostly empty
minor-mode for easy detection and ability to add hooks?
(treesit-parser-list) seems like a good first approximation, tho I guess
it depends exactly what they want to do with that info.

         Stefan

That name isn't very intuitive for what it does, but it seems to work. I therefore kinda of second Theo's suggestion in the other thread mentioned by Eli about possibly trying to come up with a nicer/more obvious syntax for it.

Either way, thanks for a quick and accurate answer!

--
Jostein