Re: emacs-29 2cec78254e: ; * nt/INSTALL.W64: Fix wording.

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: emacs-29 2cec78254e: ; * nt/INSTALL.W64: Fix wording.
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:32:52 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>> Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 18:10:50 +0100
>>
>> May I ask why the text above talks about "the resulting binary files"?
>> For me, the '--prefix' option behaves on Windows the same way it does on
>> Unix systems, as described in the INSTALL file[1]:
>
> As you could have seen, this wording was left unchanged from whoever
> wrote them back when this file was added to Emacs.

Yes, I didn't miss that; my question was more in the direction: Should
this be changed, while we're at it?

> Personally, I don't think "binary files" is that bad a choice of words
> for Windows users, because those aren't expected to be familiar with
> Unix-style installation trees.

Why not taking the part from INSTALL file I sent up-thread, adjust it to
Windows and change this part?  Do you want me to make a suggestion?

>> P.S.: I admit I've never used '--exec-prefix' in addition to '--prefix'.
>
> There's no --exec-prefix in the text, is there?

No, I meant: I know what '--prefix' on Windows does, but can't tell
about '--exec-prefix' since I've never used it.

Best, Arash