Re: Cutoff date for adding ruby-ts-mode?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Cutoff date for adding ruby-ts-mode?
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 03:35:04 +0200

Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 23:39:37 +0200
Cc: Perry Smith<pedz@easesoftware.com>
From: Dmitry Gutov<dgutov@yandex.ru>

Hi all and Eli in particular,

How close are we to "hard freeze" date of Emacs 29, after which no new
tree-sitter modes should be added?
You have a day or two, and I hope this should be enough for adding new
features.  (If they have still some rough edges, that could be fixed
later on.)

I'm told the copyright papers might be signed next week.

The code is largely functional: font-lock just needs minor updates; the
indentation has more problems, but it's still probably better to have
the new mode in Emacs 29, rather than not.
So I suggest you install that ASAP.

Sorry for the delay, ruby-ts-mode is now in emacs-29.

Some rough edges around indentation remain (to be addressed in the coming weeks), but the mode should be useful enough now.