DocView, mupdf and librsvg

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: DocView, mupdf and librsvg
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 13:07:22 +0100

Hi,

>From some month now, to read PDF, DocView has switched from producing
PNG files for its page cache to producing SVG files.  I think it is a
good idea but I have found a bug (that is outside the scope of Emacs
that's why I'm reporting here): mutool could generate SVG files that
librsvg is not able to read back.

FTR, I'm using mupdf 1.21.1 and librsvg 2.54.5.  I've attached a sample
PDF and the produced SVG if you want to test on your setting.

I think it would be wise to defaults `doc-view-mupdf-use-svg' to nil in
the upcoming Emacs 29.

Manuel Giraud