Re: Getting Started

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Getting Started
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 09:25:40 +0200

> From: josh parson <jsparson1@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 21:41:25 -0500
>
> Hi, I'm Josh. I'm relatively new to open source development and wanted to
> work on something I was
> passionate about (EMACs), I was wondering if there were any small
> fixes/features that needed work.

Thank you for your interest in Emacs.

I suggest you start by reading the file CONTRIBUTE, if you haven't
already.  Thereafter, you can:

  . lurk here and pick up any issues/bugs that sound interesting
  . subscribe to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org to get bug reports and
    enhancements, or view them via the Web interface at
    https://debbugs.gnu.org/
  . read etc/TODO and look for tasks that seem interesting

If you intend to contribute to Emacs, I also suggest to start your
legal paperwork of assigning copyright to the FSF rolling at this
time, because without the copyright assignment, we will only be able
to accept a very small amount of code changes from you.  (I can send
you the form to fill if you want to start this now.)