Re: Adding eval-command-interactive-spec

From: Sean Whitton
Subject: Re: Adding eval-command-interactive-spec
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 11:00:29 -0700

Hello,

On Tue 03 Jan 2023 at 05:41AM GMT, Sean Whitton wrote:

> I think that it would be useful to have this:
>
>     (defun eval-command-interactive-spec (command)
>       (advice-eval-interactive-spec
>        (cadr (or (and (symbolp command) (get command 'interactive-form))
>                  (interactive-form command)))))
>
> but I'm not sure where it should go -- nadvice.el?  subr.el?  subr-x.el?

I realised after reading the commentary in subr-x that that's exactly
where it should go -- it is a complement to the C API for interactive
calls.  So, here's my patch to add eval-command-interactive-spec.

Seperately, how about renaming advice-eval-interactive-spec to
eval-interactive-spec, and obsoleting, but not removing, the old name?
I guess that we'd also want to move it to subr.el; this is no promotion,
so far as I can tell, because nadvice.el is preloaded.

--
Sean Whitton