Re: emacs-29 4a8891a462: * etc/NEWS: Mention incompatible changes in 'ou

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: emacs-29 4a8891a462: * etc/NEWS: Mention incompatible changes in 'outline-minor-mode-cycle-map'.
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 09:52:08 +0100

    Eli> Maybe.  Robert didn't really explain what are his plans in that
    Eli> regard.
    >>
    >> Hereʼs the complete patch (minus doc changes). I was thinking putting
    >> the outline.el bits in emacs-29, to make it easier for everybody to
    >> change the bindings, and then changing the bindings in news-mode in
    >> master.

    Juri> Are there any reasons not to make this customizable in emacs-29?

Which bit do you want to make customizable? The 'n' and 'p' bindings?
Or did you mean customizing whether those bindings are applied for
headings?

(and again: emacs-29 is supposed to be in feature freeze. If we keep
adding stuff to this featurette, Iʼm going to lean towards putting it
in master)

Robert