Re: emacs-29: let*: Symbol’s function definition is void: \(setf\ compat

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: emacs-29: let*: Symbol’s function definition is void: \(setf\ compat-alist-get\) with Magit
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 15:39:49 +0100

    Yasushi> Hi,
    Yasushi> I'm getting the following message with the emacs-29 branch when I
    Yasushi> magit-section-toggle on a modified file on a Magit buffer to show
the
    Yasushi> difference.

    Yasushi>     let*: Symbol’s function definition is void: \(setf\
compat-alist-get\)

`compat-alist-get' should only be used by emacs-25 and emacs-26. I
suspect something somewhere has not been set up properly, probably
some code compiled by an earlier version of emacs needs to be
recompiled.

1. Do you have the full backtrace? You may need to so `M-x
toggle-debug-on-error' first.
2. Can you reproduce in 'emacs -Q'?

Robert