Re: Enlarge dumped_data[]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Enlarge dumped_data[]
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 12:47:01 +0200

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 17:54:17 +0800
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> Now Emacs dumps correctly if preloaded Lisp has been compiled to
> >> bytecode, but it needs an outrageous 40 megabytes to dump
> >> bootstrap-emacs during bootstrap, so that still fails.
> >>
> >> What changed recently so as to require so much memory?
> >
> > I don't know.  Which branch is that, and when did you last build it
> > with the old size of dumped_data?
>
> It worked when I built it around a week ago.  It's the master branch,
> emacs-29 builds fine.

Strange.  I don't see any obvious candidate.  Suggest to bisect.  From
12 MB to 40 MB sounds a lot to me, I cannot even begin to think what
kind of change could cause that.  Did anything change on your build
system since then?  Did you move the source tree to a different place,
perhaps (file names are recorded in the dumped data, so if file names
are longer, you will need more data).