svg library ideas

From: Po Lu
Subject: svg library ideas
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 21:09:07 +0800

Before I give up and package librsvg v2.40.2, the last version of
librsvg to not include any Rust code, for the Android port, I want to
ask:

Does anyone know of an up-to-date SVG rendering library that either just
outputs splines, or uses pixman, and is written in C or C++?

Newer versions of librsvg are not suitable for the Android port, because
Android forces all dependencies to be built while building Emacs itself
(see INSTALL.android on the feature/android branch for the details), and
there is no user facing Rust toolchain for Android that can be
integrated into the Emacs build system.

BTW, remember what I said about C and portability?  Rust is already
causing problems for a new Emacs port, despite there being no Emacs code
written in Rust at all.