Re: [External] : Pop-up-windows vs display-buffer-take-action

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: [External] : Pop-up-windows vs display-buffer-take-action
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 12:49:14 -0800

Given what you say, it would be useful to users if we trimmed the doc
string of  pop-up-windows which presently reads:

pop-up-windows is a variable defined in window.el.

Its value is nil
Original value was t

Non-nil means display-buffer should make a new window.
This variable is provided mainly for backward compatibility and
should not be used in new code.  To make display-buffer behave
as if this were t, customize display-buffer-base-action
instead.  See Info node (elisp) Choosing Window Options in the
Emacs Lisp manual for an example.
Drop everything except the first sentence would be my recommendation.

  You can customize this variable.

--

Thanks,

?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8