Re: Android port

From: Jonathan Kenyon
Subject: Re: Android port
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:51:22 -0600

If I could chime in here. One other issue I see is some keybinds throw a "C-x <text-conversion> is undefined". Is this something other people are seeing? Specifically C-x  h and C-x o

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 11:40 AM Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it> wrote:

> Il 21/02/2023 03:28 Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> ha scritto:
>

> Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it> writes:
>
> > On GNU/Linux (Mint) I change the size of default (Monospace) font with
> >
> > (set-frame-font "Monospace-11" nil t)
> >
> > (setq default-frame-alist
> >       '(
> >         ;;(width . 120) ; character
> >         ;;(height . 54) ; lines
> >         ;;(left . (- 0)); pixel
> >         ;;(top  . (+ 0)); pixel
> >         ;;(left . 835); pixel
> >         ;;(top  .   0); pixel
> >         (font . "Monospace-11") ; font
> >         ))
> >
> > in the init.el file. How can I do the same with this android Emacs? I cannot establish the name of the font it is using...
>
> As the manual says, ``Droid Sans Mono''.

Thanks.

I tried the last binaries (emacs-30.0.50-21-arm64-v8a.apk) and copied almost the full .emacs.d I have on GNU/Linux (with the elpa/melpa packages etc.). The result almost works but there are the following issues:

- some "random" crash (3-4 in few hours)

- when in the init file I have:

   (global-auto-revert-mode 1)

  the device vibrates and in the minibuffer shows up: "Error while reading file system events: try again". So I commented that out

- when i click on the Options menu the minibuffer shows: "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil" and the menu does not open. The other menu (File, Edit etc open regularly)

- last but not least, the DELETE key on the keyboard does not work.

It seem you have don big step forward!