Re: 30.0.50; 'New' error message when using eglot

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: 30.0.50; 'New' error message when using eglot
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 21:30:23 +0000

I don't know what that config is doing (why are you requiring jsonrpc?)
but you seem to be using eglot-ensure in python-mode-hook (maybe,
no idea what use-package is doing).

So in the latest emacs-29, I can't reproduce with this one-liner.  Can you
try it?

emacs -Q --eval '(add-hook (quote python-mode-hook) (function
eglot-ensure))' ~/tmp/coiso.py

This starts up pylsp for me (the only python server I have) and seems to work
normally.  After you try that and presumably reproduce it, try with
M-x toggle-debug-on-error so we can get a backtrace.

João

--
João Távora