Re: server.el test failures (was: Re: bug#9800: Incomplete truncated fil

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: server.el test failures (was: Re: bug#9800: Incomplete truncated file buffers from the /proc filesystem)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 18:20:39 -0800

On 2/23/2023 4:50 PM, Jim Porter wrote:
Since the last message I posted, I'm now also seeing this test fail, though I get a segfault instead. I bisected this to commit a555abc56d5270cebe94f904189526d7ac433a94 ("Fix order of faces in 'face-list'").

I'm pretty surprised by this, since that patch is *very* simple, but I can reliably segfault with it, and never segfault without it. I'll keep digging to see what's going on here.

The segfault is in FACE_FROM_ID_OR_NULL, called from Finternal_merge_in_global_face. It happens because the face_cache is null during these tests (since Emacs is noninteractive).

The attached patch fixes the issue for me, though I'm not totally sure it's the *right* fix. Any thoughts? (I'm also not 100% sure this is the same issue you're seeing...)