Re: Adding support for xref jumping to headers/interfaces

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding support for xref jumping to headers/interfaces
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 01:34:16 +0200

On 28/02/2023 01:12, Stephen Leake wrote:
Dmitry Gutov<dgutov@yandex.ru>  writes:

About the name, though -- does "jump to interfaces" make sense for
many languages? To my ear, the naming seems specific to OCaml.

"jump to declaration(s)", perhaps?
In Ada, the term is "specification(s)". I don't know of other languages
that use it, but the English meaning is clear.

That sounds clear enough, but if it's only an Ada term, it might not be the best choice for other languages. E.g. from completion POV.

This seems like a good occasion for a popular vote. So everyone is welcome to state their preferred naming.