Re: 30.0.50; 'New' error message when using eglot

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: 30.0.50; 'New' error message when using eglot
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 12:42:23 +0000

mprodrigues@posteo.net writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have the same problem.
>
>> emacs -Q --eval '(add-hook (quote python-mode-hook) (function
>> eglot-ensure))' ~/tmp/coiso.py
>
> If I use this it works, so maybe the bug is coming from interactions
> with other packages?

It would surely seem so, as eglot.el doesn't have very many plist-member
calls, and none of them for the ':signatures' key.

So someone is going to go throught the trouble of making a reproducible
error recipe (or bisecting a configuration), otherwise I can't be of
much help.

> I did M-x toggle-debug-on-error so we can get a backtrace, and this is
> what I got:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument plistp [])
>   plist-member([] :signatures)
>   #f(compiled-function (jsonrpc-lambda-elem10) #<bytecode
>    0xdcf9bf12d010fe5>)([])
>   jsonrpc-connection-receive(#<eglot-lsp-server
>   eglot-lsp-server-186e364> (:jsonrpc "2.0" :id 44 :result []))
>   jsonrpc--process-filter(#<process EGLOT (mprodrigues/(python-mode
>   python-ts-mode))> "Content-Length: 37\15\nContent-Type:
>   application/vsco...")

It would also help to see what the the client request for :id 44 was in
the first place.  You could find that in the buffer brought to you by
M-x eglot-events-buffer

João