Re: Merging feature/android

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 18:36:51 +0800

Arsen Arsenović <arsen@aarsen.me> writes:

> Depending on how long ago that was, it might be worth reconsidering.
> GCC has been C++ for a decade now, for instance, so C++ compilers are
> likely fairly widespread.  One could make the case that using portable
> C++ in addition to portable C is a more portable way to do cleanups than
> GNU C cleanups.
>
> If still undesirable, I strongly suggest at least using GNU C cleanups.
> They are a decent workaround.

GNU C cleanups only work when compiling with -fexceptions.

C++ is an ugly and bloated language, and not as widely available as you
think.  To use it in Emacs for something as important as modules would
be a shame.

Either way, we don't expect to survive a C++ exception, so why cater
specifically to C++'s stack unwinding?