Re: Merging feature/android

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 16:22:33 +0800

Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> I don't know what heuristic was used to decide that GnuTLS and some
> image libraries are considered important enough to nag the Emacs
> builder about, whereas libraries like libXpm are considered less
> important. Perhaps Eli or Stefan can comment on what the heuristic is.

Perhaps that the image libraries and GnuTLS are easy to build, install,
and maintain on any system, and that does not apply to GCC.

For example, on one Solaris system, I counted no less than three
out-of-date installations of GCC scattered around /opt/sfw and some
other directories, none of which are currently working.

`cc' (which is Sun C 5.8) works if you give `--without-modules'.