Re: Qt can now survive Wayland compositor restarts

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Qt can now survive Wayland compositor restarts
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 20:33:42 +0800

Arsen Arsenović <arsen@aarsen.me> writes:

> Yes, it's indeed not related in the display server crash case.  That is
> not the case that concerns me in this instance, though.
>
> The display server keeps working just fine when I see GTK call _exit.
>
> You can simulate this by starting Emacs, suspending it, resizing the
> window a bunch and clicking around, and then unsuspending it:
>
>   ~$ emacs
>   ^Z
>   [1]+  Stopped                 emacs
>   << Some mouse/resize spam here for a few seconds >>
>   ~ 148 $ fg
>   emacs
>   Gdk-Message: 13:26:40.087: Lost connection to Wayland compositor.
>   ~ 1 $

Well, in this case the compositor has still closed the connection, so
the consequences are the same.

The Lisp interpreter should periodically poll for input and also read
input as it becomes available, so this should not be a problem with
long-running Lisp code.  If it is, please report a bug.  Thanks.