Re: New (only?) extensible logging package for Emacs

From: Matúš Goljer
Subject: Re: New (only?) extensible logging package for Emacs
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 14:28:31 +0100

>  Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>  Just take a look at warnings.el It is just 400LOC.
>  Ideally, the design of your package should use the existing conventions
>  on warning levels. Or you may even modify warnings.el to make use of
>  your package - it would be nice if existing calls of `warn' could be
>  logged to file, for example.

The levels basically correspond, but I can rename them to be the same as
in warnings.el

:emergency = fatal
:error     = error
:warning   = warn
   ...     = info
:debug     = debug
   ...     = trace

In Emacs, I guess info is basically `message`, so maybe this "warnings"
appender should `message` info level events.  Trace could go to debug or
be ignored.

I like to have more than one level of "debug", in some situations you
want to only see some narrow part of the code at even higher level.

--
Best regards,
  Matúš Goljer