Re: eglot-test-diagnostic-tags-unnecessary-code fails with certain clang

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: eglot-test-diagnostic-tags-unnecessary-code fails with certain clangd versions
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 15:56:27 +0100

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

Hi João,

> Another option is to skip this on EMBA completely.  I presume
> there's an 'EMBA' environment variable there.  Don't use 'CI',
> though, as GitHub actions also sets it and the test passes fine in that
> CI server.

See test/README, it explains it. You can use the $EMACS_EMBA_CI
environment variable. A common pattern in Emacs tests is

  :tags (and (getenv "EMACS_EMBA_CI") '(:unstable))

> Another option is to install a newer clangd on EMBA, as 11 is
> really quite old when compared to the newer versions.  Michael,
> you installed clangd on EMBA.  What are the options to upgrade
> an external program there?

As Robert has said the other message, we run Debian bullseye on
EMBA. The clangd installation is spefified in file
test/infra/Dockerfile.emba:

FROM debian:bullseye as emacs-base

RUN apt-get update && \
    apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends -o=Dpkg::Use-Pty=0 \
      libc-dev gcc g++ make autoconf automake libncurses-dev gnutls-dev \
      libdbus-1-dev libacl1-dev acl git texinfo gdb \
    && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

FROM emacs-base as emacs-inotify

# We install clangd for Eglot tests.
RUN apt-get update && \
    apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends -o=Dpkg::Use-Pty=0 \
      inotify-tools clangd \
    && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

If you have something else for installation of clangd: I'm all ears.

> João

Best regards, Michael.