Re: jinx

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: jinx
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 09:42:40 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> These issues are not TeX-specific, so they should be handled in a more
> general way, not bound to TeX/LaTeX.  In particular, any "tex-skip"
> features should not supplant the TeX support built into the speller,
> they should only _add_ skip regexps for stuff that the speller cannot
> support, like user-defined macros.

Agreed, in general.  The only thing is that we are dealing with
different spellers (ispell, aspell, hunspell, nuspell?) and I assume
they have different level of built-in support for "tex-skips" (I haven't
checked though).  My example with verbatim environment was related to
"multi-line skip" in flyspell; it can be replaced with any other
environment which does a similar thing.

> I'm not sure I understand item c), though: when and why would one want
> to spell-check macros and environments?

Sorry, I meant to say arguments/bodies of macros/environments, not the
name of macros and environments.

Best, Arash