Re: jinx

From: Peter Oliver
Subject: Re: jinx
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 14:21:40 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 1 Apr 2023, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

With libenchant (and hence Jinx), both IPCs are avoided for most spellchecking
providers (including Aspell, Hunspell, Nuspell).

https://github.com/AbiWord/enchant/tree/master/providers

That's a two-edge sword: it means an Emacs built with that will be
wedded to a particular version of the speller.  I'm not sure this is a
good idea (but won't object to supporting such a build, if someone
wants that).

I’d be fine with that, since I get all of this pre-built from my distribution.

But anyway, I’m not sure that that’s true.  If you want to take a major upgrade
to your spellchecker, I would expect it to be sufficient to update its
dynamically loaded Enchant plugin, not everything that uses libenchant.

--
Peter Oliver