Re: treesit indentation "blinking"

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: treesit indentation "blinking"
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 09:31:38 +0100

On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 10:59 PM Daniel Colascione <dancol@dancol.org> wrote:

> Silly question: can't we make a mode with c++-mode's indentation (and folding
> etc.) and c++-ts-mode's fontification? Such a thing would also preserve
> compatibility with the numerous ad hoc c++-mode styles out there.

To get folding to work (presuming you mean hideshow.el) just set
forward-sexp-function to nil, and then C-c @ C-c works.  C-M-f
C-M-b and C-M-a will also start working as they do in most cc-modes
and similar modes.  I don't know why c++-ts-mode has this special
forward-sexp-function.  This is bug#62302 by Herman, which has
no replies yet.

João