Re: Indentation and gc

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Indentation and gc
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2023 09:13:13 +0000

> I will now try to record the data on my sessions and share it later.
> We can then see what useful information can actually be extracted.

I am attaching some stats I recorded by varying gc-cons-threshold and
using Emacs.

Some observations:
1. GC time increases over time
2. Total time spend in GC decreases with increases gc-cons-threshold
3. Avg time spend in a single GC is roughly the same, except for very
   high gc-cons-thresholds
4. Memory limit has no obvious correlation with gc-cons-threshold

Of course, we need data from more users to draw meaningful conclusions.

The raw data is in https://0x0.st/HXPu.eld - it is a bit large: 3Mb.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,