Re: eglot's interface for major modes

From: Felician Nemeth
Subject: Re: eglot's interface for major modes
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 19:43:41 +0200

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

>> See bug#62116
>
> Speaking of that, that bug seems to have stalled without feedback from
> the OP, who provided a patch.  But you also had a patch stashed
> somewhere, which I think we should just revive.  It was a simple
> patch, AFAICR.

I can sent my patch with a correct commit log in a couple days.  Until
then it is here: https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot/pull/855

> The main reason I haven't been working on this is that I don't
> have any server that invokes window/showDocument that I can
> test.  Maybe you do?

Alan Donovan wrote his version for gopls, but he indicated my version is
not enough for gopls.

I tested my version with my own toy server.  Since I wrote both the
server and the client side, it is not good for general testing.

Sebastian's version does not fully implement the protocol, but the Ada
Langauge Server might be a good choice to test the implementation
against.  In his example, the server sends the window/showDocument
request in reaction to an eglot-execute-command client-request.  I don't
know if that complicates a potential testing process.  Probably not.

Felicián