Re: Stability of core packages (was: Not easy at all to upgrade :core pa

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: Stability of core packages (was: Not easy at all to upgrade :core packages like Eglot)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 15:21:40 -0700

On 4/19/2023 3:06 PM, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
- Add a user option for the list of builtin packages which would be upgraded automatically by 'package-menu-mark-upgrades' and 'M-x package-upgrade-all' (nee package-update-all). Maybe make it nil by default, or maybe add 'eglot' to it. I don't have a strong opinion.

I think (with some fixes), 'package-pinned-packages' should work for this. If you want to get Eglot from GNU ELPA, then you can pin it as such, and it should do the right thing.

Unfortunately, it doesn't *actually* do the right thing, but I think that's pretty clearly a bug.