Re: eldoc errors in elisp

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: eldoc errors in elisp
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 18:45:42 +0100

On Sat, Apr 22, 2023, 17:37 T.V Raman <raman@google.com> wrote:
Hi, Apologies -- the error stemmed from some of my own code in emacspeak
which was refering to that variable which appears to have now
disappeared.  I need to study the code in the updated eldoc to have
emacspeak work cleanly with the  newer eldoc:-) Apologies for the nois.

Let me know if I can help. That variable was an internal implementation detail, so it went away and was replaced by something better. I can maybe help you understand how to use ElDoc's public API to achieve your goals.

Just guessing but maybe what you want is a "speaking" member of eldoc-display-functions. Have a read of its docstring.

João