Re: Farsi/Persian Translation of Emacs Tutorial -- Ready for Inclusion i

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Farsi/Persian Translation of Emacs Tutorial -- Ready for Inclusion in the Next Emacs
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 05:32:19 +0300

> From: محسن بنان <emacs@mohsen.1.banan.byname.net>
> Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 17:12:22 -0700
>

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I have translated the Emacs tutorial to Farsi/Persian.
>
> The translated file is at:
> https://github.com/bx-blee/tutorials/blob/main/emacs/TUTORIAL.fa
>
> It includes various bidi markers.
>
> Because of that, it would be great if Eli were to
> take care of adding it to the git tree. Thanks in advance.
>
> I have tested the inclusion in my own 29 branch
> and in the process of doing so, I notices the
> following:
>
> ------
> Fix typo in lisp/language/misc-lang.el s/ZWMJ/ZWNJ/
> Suggestions for lisp/language/misc-lang.el
> In the first line of doc string spell out Zero Width Non-joiner
> Position the Arabic comment box properly – not on top of coding system
> Question: why are Arabic and Persian in Misc? Is it because they do not have
> a tutorial?
> ------
>
> My own build involved addition of persian.el
> https://github.com/bx-blee/tutorials/blob/main/emacs/persian.el
> and addition of a line to loadup.el.
>
> These are all mentioned in the readme at:
> https://github.com/bx-blee/tutorials/blob/main/emacs/README.org
>
> I have already received my $1 and the copyright
> paper work is already in place.
>
> I'll be happy to build and verify after the git push.

Thanks.  Could you please submit the changes as patches for the
emacs-29 branch of the Emacs Git repository?  The tutorial file is
new, so you could just send it as a separate attachment, but the rest
will be more convenient to install if you submit patches in the form
of "git format-patch" against the emacs-29 branch.

As for your question about misc-lang: there's no particular reason,
just that we didn't want to have too small files with one or two
language-environments in them.  The name of the language files are not
important, since they all are preloaded into Emacs.