Re: master 2ef6f943abd: Add option to control default outlining in 'C-h

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: master 2ef6f943abd: Add option to control default outlining in 'C-h b'
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 19:51:31 +0300

>>     >> This code and the defcustom is new in emacs-29, so we can still change
>>     >> it to be a predicate instead. At least we should document is better
>>
>>     Eli> Agreed.  Patches welcome.
>>
>> I assumed you were agreeing to the code change, which looks like this:
>
> No objections, unless some code is already using this with a function
> that doesn't return a boolean.
>
> Matthias, Juri: any objections or comments?

I guess the decision was delegated to the users
because there is a choice what to do with the outline.
Beside 'outline-hide-entry', there is also 'outline-show-branches'
used by 'subtree-is-long' and 'subtree-has-long-lines'.

So I see no reason to remove 'custom-function'.
What could be done instead is to add a new choice
'custom-predicate'.