Re: Copy and paste from Emacs 29 to Thunderbird doesn’t work

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: Copy and paste from Emacs 29 to Thunderbird doesn’t work
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 20:22:07 +0200

* Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> [2023-05-03; 07:33 +08]:
> Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:
>> I have the same problem with some firefox text input
>> boxes, like the one at https://deepl.com (left side).
>> I cannot paste text killed in Emacs.
>
> Unfortunately, this text box works for me.  The same goes for
> Thunderbird.  Would you mind telling me which version of Firefox you
> have installed?

It's 102.10.0esr.

In preparing this very email, I checked with emacs -Q,
and was one time able to paste killed text from
*scratch* in the aforementioned text box.  But
strangely not again, even after restarting emacs and
firefox...

My normal configuration contains:

  (setopt select-enable-clipboard t)
  (setopt select-enable-primary nil)
  (setopt mouse-yank-at-point t)          ; pastes at point
  (setopt save-interprogram-paste-before-kill t)
  (setopt mouse-drag-copy-region t)

I tried toggling some of them but this did not help.

Thanks for looking into this, it's really annoying.