Re: [GNU ELPA] New package: url-http-oauth

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] New package: url-http-oauth
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 07:22:27 -0700

url.el is definitely outdated and  likely one of the bottlenecks that
holds back EWW; the other is of course JS.

I looked at plz.el when it came out and it is nice; by  depending on
Curl, it immediately brings Emacs up-to-date with various URL bits that
have languished in url.el. That said, for Emacs to be able to move on
from url.el, I suspect we'll need an 80/20 plz wrapper that if loaded by
the user causes calls to the url library to be overridden by plz so that
one can then use EWW to validate the effectiveness and completeness of
plz.

Any Takers?

--

Thanks,