Use emacs-29 or master branch to contribute mix of bug fixes and new fea

From: Jens Schmidt
Subject: Use emacs-29 or master branch to contribute mix of bug fixes and new features?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 16:26:46 +0200

Hi,

I'm planning for some changes in plstore.el, in the context of this thread:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2023-05/msg00327.html

Some of the changes go rather into the "cleanup" category (extending commentary, providing tests), some into "bug fix" category, and some into "new feature".

I will provide these as separate commits as far as easily possible, but at least I wanted to keep them on one branch while developing them. Where should I start that off: emacs-29 or master?

It probably does not matter much for plstore.el, which seems to be rather stable, but is there some general guideline for such "mixed type commits"? The information in file CONTRIBUTE does not seem to mention this case.

Thanks

Jens