Re: emacs-29 afc1f329356: Allow to disable the DWIMish behavior of 'x' i

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-29 afc1f329356: Allow to disable the DWIMish behavior of 'x' in package menu
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 17:15:02 +0300

> From: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 16:03:45 +0200

>     Eli> branch: emacs-29
>     Eli> commit afc1f329356da167902d86b610023a32943f6cee
>     Eli> Author: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>     Eli> Commit: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
>     Eli>     Allow to disable the DWIMish behavior of 'x' in package menu
>
> Apropos:

"Apropos" means this is somehow related to the changes I installed?
Or just another issue with package.el?  I think it's the latter.

> M-x list-packages
> / n ack ;; navigate to the line for 'ack'
> / /
>
> Notice that the 'I' flag has disappeared from 'ack', which is somewhat
> suprising, although I donʼt know if it qualifies as a bug, but it does
> make the 'search for a bunch of packages and install them' process
> more cumbersome.

Sigh... why are these usability issues popping up just now?..  Does no
one try these new features when they are added?

Anyway, please file another bug report, or start a discussion on
emacs-devel, and let's see where this leads us.