Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 14:13:58 +0000

There is another data point that should, I believe, be mentioned: users who want to run Emacs on an Android device can already do so, with both its TUI and GUI, without any changes whatsoever on the Emacs side.

FWIW, I tried to use that but found it unbearable. I can't remember all the annoyances, but there were many, and AFAIK there is no way for *us* to fix them.

Many users try to use Emacs and find it unbearable ;-)

More seriously, IMO "unbearable" is too vague. Which X server did you try, with which keyboard if you used a soft keyboard, and with which Emacs version? And which annoyances do you remember? The Termux:X11 X server is under active development, so I'd suggest to try again, and to report the annoyances you still experience.