Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 20:59:05 +0800

Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> writes:

> Ok, so you use AnySoftKeyboard with the "Terminal" layout? That took
> some time to find.

I use the US English layout by default, but switch to the Terminal
layout when I need cursor keys.

> How do you input M-x? That would require the keyboard to stick around
> when there is no active input, right?

I select Edit -> Execute Command from the menu bar.  (This option only
exists on the branch.)

> Do you know if we can associate a particular keyboard app with Emacs,
> and use a different one with other apps?

IIRC some versions of Android offer such an option, but I looked through
Settings (on LineageOS 18.1) and did not find anything promising.

Thanks.