Re: Info-mode patch

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Info-mode patch
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 14:57:54 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
>> Cc: Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 00:43:15 +0200

>> > Why is it a bug?  "<tool-bar> <C-Back in history>" has no meaning,
>> > since it isn't a mouse event.
>>
>> Is "remap" a mouse event?
>
> Why is "remap" relevant to the issue at hand?

I converted from "old idiom" in info.el to new defvar-keymap. When
seeing "remap" (a dummy event) works, I just expected defvar-keymap was
done the way that it is possible to use all keys, fake-kyes, events,
and whatnot the same way. Similar as I expected 'frame to have same
meaning everywhere for the uniformity.

Would look more tidy if it was possible to keep all key definitions in
the same place as in the old code.