Re: Concurrency via isolated process/thread

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Concurrency via isolated process/thread
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 17:10:18 +0300

> From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 10:48:04 +0000
>
> Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
> >
> >> I am only aware of text-based communication. Is there anything else?
> >
> > It doesn't have to be text, no, it could be binary data as well, on top
> > of which any RPC mechanism could be built.
>
> Do you mean that binary communication is already possible? If so, is it
> documented somewhere?

What is the difference between binary and text in this context, in
your interpretation?  (I'm surprised to hear they are perceived as
different by someone who comes from Posix background, not MS-Windows
background.)

Because there's no difference, there's nothing to document.  For the
same reason we don't document that "C-x C-f" can visit binary files,
not just text files.