Re: Android port

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Android port
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 11:10:29 -0700

On 2023-08-06 06:07, Bruno Haible wrote:
PS: The differences between this approach and the OMIT_GNULIB_MODULE_*
approach (as far as I understand it) are:

* This approach uses only documented Gnulib features.
   Whereas the OMIT_GNULIB_MODULE_* approach hacks generated files and
   is thus more fragile.

* This approach has an effect on both the set of .m4 code executed by
   configure_and_  the generated Makefiles.
   Whereas the OMIT_GNULIB_MODULE_* approach does not change what happens
   at configure time, it only modifies the generated Makefiles.

Thanks, Bruno, this sounds like a promising idea. I'll add it to my list of things to do for Emacs. I'm hoping that it isn't needed for merging the Android port, though, as it'll require some thinking and testing of its own.