Re: TMiO (was: "Re: Monthy emacs-devel digest, similar to "This month in

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: TMiO (was: "Re: Monthy emacs-devel digest, similar to "This month in Org")
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 18:54:23 +0800

Hi Ihor,

> This is actually quite an effort. AFAIK, the author had difficulties
> allocating time to write more posts for TMiO.
>
> Also, for reference, we are talking about
> <https://blog.tecosaur.com/tmio/2022-05-31-folding.html>

Each post took several hours to do, despite how short they were. The major
difficulty is in making sure that I’ve read as much as I can in that month, and
trying to feel like I’ve treated most contributions “fairly” (i.e. not missing
people out) which requires looking at the ML + git log since the last TMiO.

For what it’s worth, once the org-latex-preview branch gets merged, I plan on
doing another TMiO with the disclaimer that I may have missed out a bunch of
things in that edition.

Something else we could do is have some sort of “community draft” as is now
being done on the Julia discourse, which could help reduce the individual
workload (ref:
<https://discourse.julialang.org/t/this-month-in-julia-world-2023-08/103242>).

All the best,
Timothy

--
Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor.
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/tec>.