Re: Choice of bug tracker

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Choice of bug tracker
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 15:41:38 +0200

Hi Ihor,

>>> Agree. Isn't is possible to create an automatic bouncer for
>>> non-subscribed non-whitelisted users to notify them about moderation?
>>
>> That's not done because it would give the spammers the feedback that the
>> used mail address is valid. With the likelihood to get more spam.
>
> Is it something that was tried and then had to be removed?

Don't know, I'm not a debbugs moderator from the beginning.

> I do agree that the amount of spam will likely increase, but I am not
> sure if it will be unbearable. So, insight from moderators would be
> useful.

Given, that I'm almost the only moderator these days, I wouldn't like to
check out. Remember, it isn't only Emacs bugs which go through.

If there would be more debbugs ML moderators, it might be worth to
try. My occasional requests to volunteer die away unheard. No surprise,
given the bad reputation people rank debbugs here.

Best regards, Michael.