Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 08:11:35 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > We are clearly using different MUA. I can see previous emails easily.
>>
>> So can I, but it is much easier to respond to a message when the
>> context is in the same message than having to look it up up-thread.

I can see your point. Although, I still hold on my point of view that it
is more a question of community guidelines. My email client is not
unique - Gmail and other web UIs for email threads often employ
Github-like view, which would have the same net effect if we consider
that it is the UI that is driving people to avoid quoting.

> And then, of course, I regularly purge my inbox, at which point
> looking up previous emails becomes even harder.

That sounds like your MUA deficiency. Looking up previous emails is
critical, even when the established email etiquette is to quote previous
messages. Sometimes, too much context is lost in the quote.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,